WEAR YOUR MASKS AND COME JOIN US.|
Learn and create artworks together at an artist's studio! Led by Syma, a ceramic artist and museum educator, these SINGLE-SESSION, hour-long, multi-generational, Sunday afternoon workshops are a unique and memorable experience for kids ages 4 and up with their adult companions.*
Intimate semi-private sessions (maximum 5 people) ensures individualized attention, while Syma's hands-on activities spark creativity and excitement for all ages. Unlike other art classes, participants in these workshops will be encouraged to think like artists, using the workshop time for experimentation with, and exploration of, themes, materials, and techniques. Recent activities have included fantasy animals from air dry clay; small woven pouches for cell phones; simple print-making; and paper clay with gold foil wearable jewelry.
*A minimum of 4 participants is required to hold the class. Should the total registration fail to meet this limit by the Friday evening prior to the class, you will be notified and provided with the option to reschedule or to receive your payment refunded in full.
Syma is an award winning, widely exhibited, New York-based artist who has been working with clay for nearly five decades.
Since 1980, Syma has led family art-making workshops in the United States and in the United Kingdom. Venues include the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Arts and Design, the Asia Society Museum, and Greenwich House Pottery in New York City; the British Museum in London, UK, and in her own studio workspace.
A new season of semi-private family Art Workshops begins on Sunday, October 23, 2022 in Syma's new sun-filled, spacious studio. Alternate themes, dates, and times can be arranged.
Inspired by ancient artifacts and mythologies, Syma creates interactive/ conceptual clay vessels and sculptures in response to personal life events, wishes, dreams, and worries. Her large scale sculpted panels are permanently installed on walls of public and private buildings in the US and UK, and her ceramic jewelry has been featured at London's Lesley Craze Gallery. Visit her studio website to see the range of her artworks: www.symastudios.com OR for a peek at the behind the scenes process of being a visual artist in NYC, follow her on INSTAGRAM @syma_ceramic_artist.
- This is NOT a drop-off program for children.
- Each family group must include at least one participating adult.
- This intergenerational program is open to ages 4-84 (exceptions only with Syma's consent).
- Minimum of 4 participants. Maximum of 5.
- Bottled water is allowed in the studio, but not food snacks.
- Bringing additional, unregistered children or adults is not permitted.
- We will use air dry clay for our animal pinch pots, and artworks will go home with the attendants on that day.
- Special Workshops at other times/dates and with other materials/ themes can be arranged.
- Special Workshops for adults only can be arranged.
- We are continuing using masks in this location, masks must be worn in the studio building and throughout the workshop in Syma's studio.
- Syma, Syma Studios and any assistants are not responsible for any injury or negligence of materials and tools used.
Syma Studios at the Ti Art Studio Building (Afficher)
183 Lorraine Street
Brooklyn, NY 11231
|Âge minimum : 4|
|Enfants bienvenus : Oui|
|Chiens bienvenus : Non|
|Non-fumeur : Oui|
|Accessible aux fauteuils roulants : Oui|
Wheelchair access in elevator building.